Ampersand

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you enjoyed your Christmas with family and friends, and that you are all relaxed and ready for a wonderful, creative 2016.
Earlier last year, I was fortunate to again work with Kristy and the lovely team from Make Modern Magazine. Issue 9 of their inspiring magazine, goes on sale today and I am one of the contributors:
If you haven't seen Make Modern Magazine before, go and have a look. Every issue is full of inspiration, beautiful projects and lots of tips, tricks and interesting articles. My project, for the current issue is, Ampersand:
Typography is very popular in home decorating right now, so I designed a paper pieced cushion featuring the Ampersand, using gorgeous black and white fabrics. This is a very different project for me but I enjoyed pushing myself to create something that was modern and on trend in home decor.
Usually Madeline "claims" the projects I make but Cohen grabbed this one for his room, so you know your on a winner when its teenage boy approved :). It finishes around 14" square so its the perfect throw cushion for a bed or your favorite chair.
It was a fun project to design and working with Kristy and the team is such a pleasure; they are amazing! I would also like to thank the lovely Fee for the gorgeous fabrics. I was looking to purchase fabrics for this design and she so kindly sent me some from her own personal stash. Thanks so much for your generosity Fee, they worked perfectly and I couldn't be happier :)
Don't forget to take a look at Make Modern Magazine and grab a subscription: you won't be disappointed :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊